Hi everyone! My name is Miranda. I am a Towson University graduate (2020) with a degree in psychology and I am the creator of Sweet As Sugarcane, this blog and a trendy clothing and accessory shop. I love all kinds of science, art, and music. If you came across this page, you probably have something in common with me. My favorite things to study are epigenetics, addiction, nutrition, the nervous system, and the neurotransmitter Anandamide. Climate change and environmental socialism are less academic-focused but equally important parts of life in my world.
As a small business owner I’ve learned all kinds of skills, from marketing and how to navigate the world of Etsy, to techniques for creating unique products. You can view my Etsy shop here, or click on the “shop online” tab above to view my store!
A few other things you may like to know:
- sometimes I fly airplanes
- I love growing plants but I’m not very good at it
- I have a really great dog
- I’m allergic to gluten
- I love poetry (not Rupi Kaur)
- I live in Maryland
- I make my own clothes
- I have a variety of medical conditions I will sometimes talk about in relation to research
- I worked in a certified gluten-free kitchen for 6 months and went from not knowing how to cook anything (seriously, anything) to being one of the primary bakers!
- I have been following the FODMAP diet loosely for a few years and more seriously over the past few months
Thanks for stopping by and maybe joining me on this journey!!